The Kentucky Skills U Lesson Bank is an open educational resource available to adult educators. This website allows you to review and download printable lesson plans created by and for adult educators. These lesson plans are aligned to the College and Career Readiness Standards (CCRS). You can select from lesson plans in the following subject areas: Reasoning through Language Arts (RLA), Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, English Language Acquisition (ELA), and Employability.
To use the Kentucky Skills U Lesson Bank, please follow the steps outlined below:
1. Click on “Search for Lessons” in the main navigation bar and select the relevant content area (RLA, Math, etc.).
2. Choose “Lessons” to first select the correct strand, then choose the appropriate NRS level.
3. Click on the preferred lesson title to view a brief synopsis of the lesson.
4. Click on the lesson title to preview the lesson.
5. To view and download complete lessons you must create a user account. Instructions for creating an account are available by clicking on “Create an Account” in the top right corner of the screen.